Sunday 25 September 2016

Week 4 Update

Thank you to all of you who were able to drop-in to the "Meet the Teacher" event on Thursday evening.  It was very nice to meet everyone.

This week at Willows:
  • Thursday Sept. 28 - Dictée
  • Friday Sept. 29 - Library book exchange, Terry Fox run after lunch (weather permitting)

Terry Fox - mid August 1980, somewhere in Quebec/Ontario.  Taken on my small Kodak camera when I was moving with my family to Victoria.

We will spend a bit of time early this week getting notebooks and duotangs organized for the year.  I expect to officially start a Home-reading program this week.  Watch for a plastic bag with a small red notebook and a French book.  Further info about the program will be inside the notebook.

This week's audio dictée - Continents and Oceans:




Finally, these past few weeks I have had a bit of time on my hands as my sprained ankle was healing.  I am a big fan of podcasts and various education (and knitting) blogs and came across the following, which you may also find following interesting:
  • This first one is about encouraging children to develop self-efficacy.  It gets interesting around the 7:13 mark.  Here's the transcript.  YouTube video also on this page.
  • On raising children to include others.  While a little girl-centric, these principles could apply to both girls and boys.
  • Being a big fan of nature walks, this article was also interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment